Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Forest Among the Mist - Independent Studies Project 1


I took a trip to nearby Lake Pine to take some photographs, and came upon this particular spot. It was foggy this day so looking at the lake through the trees made for some really cool shots. I loved this particular one because you feel like you're in your own little world surrounded by the canopy of dead trees waiting to come back to life in the spring, and you can see the calm serenity of the foggy lake in the background. I also love the little concrete island with the weather monitor on it in you can see peeking through the branches because it's lined with ducks resting on it while they watch over the water. 

One of my favorite hobbies has always been photography. I grew up with my mom constantly taking pictures and getting fancy new cameras every few years and spending probably twice as long taking family photos as other families because she wanted to take them herself and they HAD to be perfect. I get my perfectionist habits from her when it comes to testing different angles for photos. I would like to work on learning the different settings on my camera so I can manipulate things like the lighting and white balance in my photos. I'm hoping to do more with photography in the future and learn gain skill throughout this school year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment