Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Casa Sopeña - AP Art 7



The last project I did was with the same medium I used for this one. I was so excited with how it turned out that I decided to do another piece similar to it. This photograph the project was based off of was taken on a property called Casa Sopeña, located in mexico.  I almost used this photo to create a project using chalk pastels, but I loved how the metal framework in my last project like this worked out so I thought I'd give it another chance.



I decided to add a bit more detailing to this piece and put some grass next to the pathway leading to the door, as well as the bricks you see on the wall in the photograph.  Even though there's obviously not as much detailing in this piece compared to other projects I've done, I wanted to keep it simple because I love how the shadow looks when you cast a light through the piece.  Doing a project like this may seem easy to complete, but the truth is you  have to have a very steady hand in order to prevent any mess ups and be able to go turn out his. I'm not always good at making clean lines, but I was able to commit to the project and make the final product of the shadow look more realistic I love how everything turned out in this and I definitely plan on using it for future projects.





No comments:

Post a Comment