Monday, January 12, 2015

Doorway to Creativity - Free Choice - Project 10


More often than not we get carried away going through life looking at everything in black and white and forget to let our creative sides out every once in awhile.  I loved taking this picture because all my surroundings were bland and covered in boring colors, but right in the center of it all was this bright blue doorway with the word "create" welcoming you inside.  I wanted to rely on my photography for this piece because I didn't think I could do it justice by recreating it with paint or pastels.  The only change I made to it was that I painted over the words on the ground to make them a little more legible, but other than that, the photo has been left completely untouched and unedited.  I haven't done a piece before that was only photography so I was excited to just use my skills behind a camera for this project.  I got to experiment and use my mom's new 50 mm lens while walking around Downtown Apex one afternoon, and found this door at just the right time so the light wasn't casting any shadows and the blue looked extra bright.  I'm hoping I can do more with photography in the future since I had a lot of fun exploring with my camera and practicing photographing in different lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment