Monday, November 25, 2013

Macaroni Mayhem - Sticky Situation

I had only thought about a few things when I started brainstorming, but never really decided on any of those. I went to my friends house that night for dinner and had Mac N Cheese, and came up with the idea of painting that. Were you able to think outside the box when you were thinking about ideas? I was able to think outside the box because other people were doing simple things like gum or candy, but when I decided on Mac N Cheese, I came up with so many different ideas for the design and how to make it look sticky. I made a neat pattern by using raw macaroni noodles and gluing them to the canvas so they made the shape of one big noodle. The piece still seemed a little plain, so I scattered more raw noodles around the canvas, as well as painting some in the background. It really brought the picture to life, and I was able to make it look extra cheesy and sticky by using hot glue and painting over it so it looked like strings of melted cheese. I had a lot of fun using the macaroni, and this piece definitely helped me improve on mixing acrylics so I could make different shades of yellow for the cheese. It took me a few tries to find the right yellows but once I figured it out, it really helped improve the piece. The mini lessons we did helped me a lot with the shading on the macaroni I had to actually paint. It's still hard for me to get it just right but I feel like I did better with shading on this project compared to previous ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment